Friday, February 12, 2010

February 8, 2010‏

Dear Family and Friends,

First off, thank you so much for the updates about the mud slides. It is good to know that no one got hurt, but sad that so many homes were destroyed. I know that these things can be really hard to pull through, but with the Lord, we truly can do anything (Alma 26:12).

It is great to hear that a bunch of members of the church were able to help out in this disaster. Service truly is what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is all about. I know that the service everyone gave is exactly what God wanted because "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).

Please keep me updated on the relief effort. I pray everyday for our community's safety. God bless you all.

Here at the MTC things have been gong great. We got the new missionaries in, and I am so happy! They are wonderful! A lot of them already know a ton of Chinese, which is great becasue I can practice with them. Also, We got 7 new Jiemeimen! Sisters Lew, Hamilton, Gurr, Lai, Lau, Howell, and Stenquist. They are all so amazing! I feel so blessed to have them here. They bring the spirit so strong, and they strive so hard to be obedient and valiant. Each time I see their diligence, I feel inspired.

And Yes, Sister Lew=Jessica Lew. It is great! Her testimony is so strong and her companions are amazing! Much of their district will potentially leave early since a lot of them already know Chinese, so that is really exciting.

This week I learned a lot about the gifts if the spirit, and I can truly testify that whom the Lord calls, he qualifies. This week I got a chance to do a small portion of the new missionary training, and I can honestly say that what I taught were not my words - they were Gods. The spirit was so strong. That day, God instructed me as well as them. It was a huge blessing.

Also, Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. I had no intention of bearing my testimony because I did not feel my Chinese was good enough. But right in the beginning of the meeting, I knew I had to. I got up. My testimony was short and simple, but for me, very powerful. I know that the gift of tongues is real. I know that God knows and loves each of us. He knows our names. I know that He knows our names. I also know that Christ lives, and through him we can have eternal happiness. There is no greater knowledge. I am so blessed to bring this message to the people of Taiwan.

This week I have been compiling a list of inspiring scriptures just in case I ever get discourages as a missionary. I just want to share one today - D&C 84:88. Angels truly do uphold us in this work. I know that this is true, and I am grateful for the mercy God gives us. In ourselves we are weak, but with his spirit, we can touch the hearts of many and change the world.

I love you all and pray for those that have been hurt by the recent disasters. God bless you all.

Wo ai nimen,
Ke Jiemei (Sister Collyer)

No comments:

Post a Comment