Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 22, 2010

Dear Friends and Family,

Nimen Hao! Once again, another great week at the MTC. Chinese is going great! I met a woman at the temple today that was from Taiwan and we talked to her for a little bit, and I could understand what she was saying, which was a miracle!

Also, Our teacher wrote a message in Chinese on the board for us, (not the romanized, the characters) and I could totally read it! Ok, so maybe it only used four different characters, but it is a start! I know I still have a really long way to go, but just seeing how much God has already blessed me in the the language is really encouraging. I know that he has brought me this far, and I know that with Him, I truly can do anything! I just feel like Ammon when he says, "Who can glory too much in the Lord?...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26:16). I just cannot describe how grateful I am for this opportunity to serve the Lord, and my heart is so full I truly cannot say the smallest part of what I feel!

As of right now, I don't know exactly when I am leaving yet, but I am pretty sure it will be March 9. I will most likely know on Thursday because that is when we are expecting our travel plans! I am pretty excited. I am still loving the MTC, but I am also getting really excited about going out to Taiwan.

This past Sunday Janice Kapp Perry was our Relief Society Teacher. For those of you who do not know who that is, she wrote a ton of the Primary songs, including "A Child's Prayer," "I'm trying to be like Jesus", and "I see my Mother Kneeling." She Also Wrote, "As Sisters in Zion." Pretty cool! She gave a great message about how the music of the church can bring the spirit so strong, and we even got the chance to sing a medley she wrote of some of her songs. It was really powerful. I love the hymns, and I love primary songs! They really do bring the spirit so strong. And my companions are very musically gifted, which is wonderful. They are such a blessing to me.

It is great to hear from all of you! Thank you so much for your amazing support, prayers, and love.

Wo ai nimen,
Ke Jiemei

P.S. I forgot to tell you all a funny story. I set a physical goal to go 11.00 miles on the stationary bicycle in thirty minutes at gym time. For the last two months I have been trying every way possible to get there, but I only ever made 10.80 miles! So close! Every single day, no matter how hard I rode, it was always the same. Every single day!

Then I started thinking to myself, "Every single day? That is a little suspicious. I wonder if it is on a timer and not counting my effort, just my time?"

The next day I went half as fast as normal, and Behold! 10.80! They are timed how ironic! The good news is I am probably in the best shape of anyone going off to a biking mission because I can't imagine a better way to get in shape that to try and beat a machine that can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment