Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

This is officially my last week in the MTC. I leave for the mission field on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 in the morning. I fly through Los Angeles and then on to Taiwan, where I arrive on March 10, 2010 late at night. I think I get to call home before I leave Salt Lake. I cannot believe that this time has come. It is really unreal, but very, very exciting.

This past week has definitely been one of reflection and thought. Even after I got my travel itinerary it did not hit me until yesterday that I was actually leaving.

Yesterday they called the new "Coordinating Sister in Training" to replace me, and that is when it really set in that I am leaving here for a great work. I have really put my heart into this sacred calling. I love the sisters here so much more than I ever thought I could love. They are everything to me. I know they are in good hands with the new coordinating sister, but I am sad to leave them. As I was thinking about this, it hit me that this is what my whole mission will be like. If I truly give my heart to the people, if I truly love them, and if I truly give my all to them. Each transfer will feel the same. It is such a satisfying feeling - a felling that I have done all I could and the Lord has accepted it - but it is also sad to leave people you love so much. Now I know why God gave me this calling - to teach me how to truly serve with all you "Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength." I am so grateful he gave me this opportunity, and he gave me this kind of love. There is nothing more important in the world.

In other news, our branch president was released because he has been called to be the Taiwan Taichung mission president! Crazy! If you read about President Bishop in the Church news, that is him! I know he is going to be an amazing Mission president. Him and his wife have taken such great care of us. I will miss him for this last week I am here, but I know the Lord needs him elsewhere.

Overall, Chinese progress is still going. I am still practicing my listening skills, so pray for me to have the interpretations of tongues when I go! Talking to a bendiren (Native) is totally different than talking to someone who is also learning the language. It should be an adventure! Still, I know that the Lord will support me. I D&C 68:6, Christ says, "Wherefore be of good cheer and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you." In the few short weeks I have been here, I have felt this already, and I know that in the mission field this will magnify 100 fold. I am so grateful for his mercy. Without him, I truly am nothing!

I love you all and wish you the best of luck! Next week will be my last MTC email!

Love,
Ke Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment