Monday, January 31, 2011

January 17, 2010




Dear Friends and Family,
 
I know that God answers prayers! Seriously, it is true!
 
We have an amazing investigator names Shen Lilan. She is a referral from a couple of members in the branches, and she is awesome. She herself before meeting with us said, "I don't think I would count as any religion except athiest. But I love goming here. It makes me the happiest I have ever been. And when I read the Book of Mormon, I just want to keep reading even if I don't understand. I don't understand why I have this desire to keep reading and coming to church and learning, but I really do. I still am not sure God exists."
 
Well, SHE BELIEVES NOW! Two weeks ago we gave her a sctipture to read and ponder about. Mosiah 4:9: "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." WE told her that she should read this scripture over and over and ask god to help her believe it. WEll, for a week everytime we called her she said, "I was just reading and thinking about that scripture. I am trying to believe. I know that God, is he exists, can see my sincereiry and real intent and will help me believe." I am serious - every time we called her she had the scriptures open and was pondering. WEll, on Saturday night, one of her friends that introduced her to us - Izzie - got together with her and they chatted about God for about two hours. On Sundey morning She Lilan couln't sleep so she got up and prayed. In relief society she shared with everyone what happened. She said, "Sisters, I just have this feeling. I know it is true! I know God exisits! I know it is true! I already invited all my friends to my baptism. I want to be baptized right after Chinese New Year."
 
WOW!!!!! Seriously, and honest seeker of truth, no matter what religious backround they come from, can know the truth. We can all know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ, that prophets lead God's church today, and that families are forever.
 
Also, can I just say how amazing our members here are? This week we had two members come up to us and ask when they can help us by being in lessons when us to support our investigators. Wow! That is the most amazing thing ever!
 
That is pretty much the amazing highlights of the week. I am so happy to be a missionary!
 
Sorry to be so brief today. I lov eyou all and hope all is well! i am praying for you Mom and Grandpa and Lisa and Calliana and Hannah and everyone else who needs a little extra healing right now.
 
Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment