Monday, January 31, 2011

January 24, 2011


Dear Friends and Family,
 
Hello again from the Hawaii of Taiwan! Yes, it is ture, this place is better than Hawaii. But there is even a hotel on the road out to Zhiben that is called "Hawaiian Resort Hotel." Yep, it feels like paradise!
 
This week was a great one. We went up to Hualian again for a special training meeting and then companion exchanges, and it was AWESOME! The special training meeting really helped us know how we could better help people help us and want to get baptized and all that, and then exchanges, WOW!!! We really saw miracles! In the short time I was with Sister Lin I learned so much. We found FIVE people just from talking to them on the street that were willing to be baptized. SAY WHAT?! Yes, it is true! I never would have thought it was possible, but Hualian is a magical place! The Lord is truly sending his prepared people to his prepared servants. I am so grateful for all that I learned from Sister Lin.
 
The rest of the week was a lot of fun. Because most of our investigators have gone home for Winter break and Chinese New year, we spent a lot of time contacting. It was fun because we have been so busy lately that contacting time had been really rare, and it is sctually one of the tings I like best, so it was great to get back into the groove! I love this gospel, and I love seeing God's miracles!
 
I thought you would all enjoy this picture. My Companion took this pictur eof me contacting a person on a scooter. This is peobably our main way of contacting, so if you can just picture me doing this all day every day, that is a pretty accurate depiction of what it is like here as a missionary in the great land of Taiwan. The promised land! I love being a missionary!
 
I wish I had more so say, but unfortunately, I am just at a loss. Lastly I just want to give my weekly piece of advice: DON:T FORGET TO PRAY AND READ YOUR SCRIPTURES AND GO TO CHRUCH!!!! These things are so important it is ridiculous. When you don't so this, you let Satan into your life. Period. So I just want to encourage you all to cast Satan! Do these things daily and you will be blessed. Reject them and suffer. ;)
 
I love you all and hope all is well!
 
Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment