Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 14, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! Yes, I love valentines day. And this year I got a great valentine day present...I am STAYING IN TAIDONG!!! Is it possible? Can I really be there for six transfers? I guess it is because it is true! Move calls came and went and I am still in my little magical paradise, and we have a baptism next week.

But my dear Sister Wynder is out! She is currently heading off to Zhongli. I will miss her a lot, but any call is a call from the Lord, and that is the best way to do the work!

My new companion is Sister Theissen. She is great! I really like her a lot! She just came from Danshui which is my first area so it is fun to hear the updates about the people I love over there. Man, being a missionary is crazy! One little phone call and your whole life changes! And that phone call comes every six weeks!

First off, sorry that there are no pictures attached to this email. I forgot my camera cord. ;( I will give you pictures next week.

Last week was a really good one. A lot of our investigators came back from winter vacation so we had a lot of great lessons. She Lilan is going to be baptized this Saturday and I am so excited! She is so ready! Everyone always asks us, "Isn't she a member already?" She has a solid s\testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Repentance, Forgiveness and enduring to the end. She has already invited all of her friends to come to the baptism. It is going to be fantastic! I can't wait!

We also had a lot of miracles as far as member referrals go. People literally called us up this week and said, "I have a friends who has agreed to meet with us tomorrow. Are you free at four?" What!? Yes, we are! Of Course we are! That is how good the members here in Taidong are. I just feel like it is seriously one miracle after another!

Also, a strangely huge amount of people we called or pulled over on the side of the road were willing to meet with us to learn more. Yes! I know, I KNOW that God is guiding this work and that if we are obedient and do our best, we will definitely see miracles. I love seeing miracles because it reminds me that no matter how hard it is sometimes, it is 100% worth it. I love the Gospel! I love God and Jesus Christ. And I love being their missionary - their hands. I am humbled and touched to play such a small role in such a great work.

Well, I hope all is well and that you are all continuing to read and pray and come to church! Don't forget the little things - they make the biggest difference!

Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment