Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 7, 2011







Dear Friends and Family,

Is it really possible that it is already february? I feel like I just got here, but I have been a missionary for such a long time. Wow, my mind is blown. But at the same time it is a little strange because I also feel like I have been here forever - like I never lived anywhere else.

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Chinese New Years was definitely an adventure never to forget. Wow. I have never eaten so much food in one week in my entire life. Imagine Thanksgiving Times 10 every meal for an entire week. Yes, it really was like that. I am not gonna say how much weight I have gained this week, but the skirts are feeling tighter than they have ever been. Whew, I have never looked forward so much to Fast Sunday in my entire life!

Also, my companion Sister Wynder was sick pretty much the entire week. :( so we even missed a couple dinner appointments becasue there was just no way she could make it. So pretty much all we did was go out for one or two meals, eat, then go home and she would sleep and I would make phone calls. a LOT of phone calls! Let me tell you, I have never appreciated being outsid eto do missionary work more in my life! My companions is now alive and well and we are both THRILLED to get out there ans see some miracles!

Seriously though, our members here are absolutely fantastic. I am so touched by their goodness. I just have no way of letting them know how much we appreciate them. This past Sunday in Sacrament meeting the closing song was "Families can be together forever," and as we al sat together singing I just had this feeling that these people - they really are my family. I want to be with them forever. I am sogrteful to God for sending me here so that I can meet these people. I am so touched and happy for the blessings that God has given, and I am so happy that I can be a missionary so that I can give my little bit back to Him. I know my part is so small, but I also know that through small and simple things are great things broght to pass. (Alma 37:6-7)

So next week is transfers and it is all up in the air, so it is unsure whether I will be in Taidong next week, but there is one thing I am certain of - whether I stay or move it is the will of the Lord, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that the things the Lord has in store for us are greater than we can possibly imagine, and I am so grateful for the things and the blessings I have already learned. This new Chinese new year, I really want to rededicate to be the best servant I can be, to do whatever the lord wants me to do, and to be more Christlike as I invite others to partake of the Lords Blessings.

On another note, today we went to the prehistory museum in Taidong for P-day. It was great!

I love you all and hope all is well.

Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment