Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 21, 2011




Dear Friends and Family -

Lu Shen Lilan is BAPTIZED!!! What a wonderful baptism it was. both branches had a ton of people show us to see it and it was absolutely beautiful. She has so much faith and truly knows that Heavenly Father loves her. She is super excited to share the gospel with all of her friends and family, and she even invited a ton of friends to her baptism - and ten of them came! Wow! She is just such an inspiration to me. I love her so much. I just cannot explain the feelings I have of seeing these people come unto the Lord. I have such a great feeling of being part of something truly worthwhile. Though us missionaries are just a small part, at least I can know I did all I can to make a difference. I love being a missionary. There is no other experience in life that could bring such a feeling except the work of the Lord. I want to be a missionary forever.

This week has been a great learning experience because I really feel like I have suddenly grown a TON on my mission. I have really learned the power of Fasting. Last weekend I fasted. Usually when we fast it is for a particular investigator or something like that, but I have been pondering lately about how the Sons of Mosiah fasted often so they could have the spirit, and I decided I needed to try it. WOW! Talk about POWERFUL! I feel like my whole life has changed. Suddenly I literally feel pain at the though of even one soul being lost! I am serious! I love being a missionary, and I just want to tell EVERYONE about how through Christ we can be cleansed from sin! I have never felt this passionate or desperate to share the word of God. I have always liked it, but now it feels just as important as breathing. I have definitely learned that fasting really is powerful, and I am so grateful that God has let me learn this important lesson.

I also realised how important faith really is. Every Time Christ healed someone, he always says, "According to your faith." It has occurred that the people, without Christ, could not be healed by Christ. Christ can do everything in his power to heal them, but it is their choice whether to accept his help. In the end, it is all about Faith. When we walk out the door, we need FAITH that the lord will put prepared people in our path. We need FAITH that what we teach has the power to convert. And we need to boldly act upon our faith and do what God asks us to do in order to see his miracles. It is all about faith. So please, have faith! Just believe God is there, he is helping you, and i promise you He will be with you. missionary or not, we all have trials, and God will help us through our trials if we rely on Him. He loves us. Do we love him?

The rest of the week was definitely full of miracles! WE ran into these three Sisters who said they would be willing to be baptized! and we also had a previous investigator come to watch the baptism and she really liked it and she also met a bunch of people she already knows in our church and it really had a good impact on her and she set a baptismal date. WOW! Talk about miracles. I am so glad that God helps us. I know that as we continue to work hard we will be blessed with more miracles and more and more people will come unto Jesus and we can have THREE branches down here in Taidong!!!

Anyways, I love you all and hope all is well!

Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment