Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 15, 2010‏

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello again from paradise. This week was AMAZING because my dear friend Lan Wanling Got baptized!!!! What a happy day! We have been meeting with her for a few months now and it was such a happy day and the spirit that was there was fantastic. I love seeing people taking the first step to eternal life. The hardest part is yet to come - enduring to the end - but as the old proverb says, "The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step." Baptism is truly that one step that gets us on the straight and narrow path that can lead us to exaltation. We just have to keep going! Never surrender! Never Give in! We all will have trials that will make us doubt ourselves, our faith and our testimony, but the most important thing to remember is Jesus Christ. As Helaman told his sons:

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Helaman 5:12

I just love this gospel! I love being on a mission. I know this is where we need to be. To all of my friends who are thinking about going on a mission but are not sure, I have three words for you - JUST DO IT!!! Seriously. These experiences are ones I will always remember. These people are people I will never forget. But most importantly, I have learned lessons that would have otherwise taken a lifetime. A mission is a miracle, one day at a time.

In other news, this week we went up to Guanshan as a district and rode bikes. My companion and I rode the tandem bike and it was a blast. Talk about a real test of unity! We really discovered that to have real success you both need to know when we are going to start, where we are going, which way we are going to turn and when we are going to stop. Hey, that is just like it is in lessons too! The better plan you have the better everything goes. Wow! It is just too true that you can make a good parable out of anything.




Well, I love you all very much and I hope all is well!

Love,

Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment