Friday, December 31, 2010

December 20, 2010





Dear Friends and Family,

Wow! To say that this was the craziest week of my mission would be correct, but somehow too much of an understatement to really describe.

On Monday a member took us up to see monkeys in Donghe. It was pretty cool. It was also hilarious for two reasons - one, Chen Weiting's children were SCARED TO DEATH of the Monkeys! Seriously. I must admit, I was a little scared too. Those things are mean! The second reason - you shouldn't smile around them because it looks threatening. Well, not smiling was proving to be a challenge for us all! It was a really great day!

Then on Tuesday we went on exchanges to Hualian with the sisters. It was a blast. I always love going to Hualian, but it is also a relief to come back home again. There's no place like Taidong! On the train ride home from Hualian we called one of our investigators - Sister Hong. She was in having her baby like RIGHT at that moment!! We were seriously like panicking and so excited! That night after English class we went and saw her beautiful baby boy. It is such a blessing to be able to be here and see her baby be born! I just feel like I am home because Rebecca and Lisa just had their babies, and Sister Hong after the baby was born and we went and visited her said, "Yes! Auntie Wang and Auntie Ke (that is me) are here!" Ah! Melt my heart! I love it here!

Now, you may be wondering, "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!" WEll, the first day I forgot my camera, and I have been sick every day since then so I don't dare go visit her while I am sick! So no pictures of the little baby boy yet, but I promise that there will be as soon as this stinking cough and headache go away! Today it is already much better!

Then, also, another investigator's grandma died. It was a little unreal to hear. We used to sit down with her every once in a while, and now she is gone. So unexpectedly. It is just crazy. I am so glad we all know the plan of salvation because although this can be a very trying time, when we know what god has planned for us in the future, death doesn't seem so scary anymore. It is just a temporary separation. I know that although the pain of not seeing her again while on this earth is very real, the knowledge of the plan of salvation is even more real. Families are forever. This is the truth that we get to share with the world.

The rest of the week had been pretty busy. WE had to cancel a few appointments because they just live too far away and I just cannot ride my bike that far while I am not feeling well, but I am quickly recovering so we can once again go visit our friends!

Also, yesterday TRACY PASSED HER BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW!!! She is getting baptized on Christmas day! I seriously cannot think of anything happier than this. She is so ready, so wonderful. I just love her so much! Really. I just know that she is one of those people I promised to come and find. She is so wonderful!

Last night we went caroling with the single adults in the branches. It was a lot of fun! Caroling here is a lot different than in the states. It is an all night event and at every house you carol at, they give you food! Yes, there is no carrying any jams or caramels to give away - you show up and they feed you all night long. The event started at 5 and I think it was planned to go until about 11. I love it. WE had to leave early because we have to be home at 9, but it was great while it lasted!

That is about it for the week! I love you all and hope all continues to be well! Don't forget to always pray and read your scriptures. and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment