Tuesday, December 28, 2010

November 29, 2010





Dear Friends and Family,

WOW! It sounds like it was a big week back home for my family! Both of my sisters gave birth within 6 days of eachother, over doubling the population of munchkins that currently call me "auntie." I love you all so much! Callianna, Maya and Lilly, just know that your aunt is in Taiwan praying for you and can't wait to see you next year!

This week was also and AWESOME week here in Taiwan. I know I keep saying this, but I cannot imagine being any happier than I am right now! We just keep seeing miracles! It is really fantastic! My new companion, Sister Wynder, is so stinking great! I just love her! And this week we found a ton of great people who want to hear the gospel. I am so grateful for her diligence and her motivation and her excitement! It is just the greatest thing in the world to be here in Taidong serving the Lord. The pictures today are of two things - one is we painted Sister Wynder's bike. We all paint out bikes in an effor tto prevent them from getting stolen. I think her bike is pretty dang good looking! The other pictures are of us going out to exercise this morning, We rode to the beach and also saw a bird sitting on this ox and we both thought, "Wow, that is cool! Lets take a picture!"

This week was special because a couple of our best new investigators are children with really supportive parents. There is Guo Jingru (9 years old) whose older brother is already a member and her and her mom recently moved back from Gaoxiong and started going to church again. Mom is not a member but she is interested and Jingru really wants to be baptized. And then there is Terrance (8 years old) who loves church becasue it is a place where he has friends and he also loves Jesus and told his mom he wouldn't BaiBai with her becaue Jesus wouldn't like it. He is great and his mom is really supportive and excited to see her son find a place where he can fit in! She is also looking into the church, but her son also really wants to be baptized! Wow! We are going to need some more Children's book of Momons...I love teaching children! I think it is my favorite part of missionary work. They just have this natural love for Jesus Christ that leads them to do the right thing. I just love it!

I went up to Taibei again this week for a special training meeting and that was good. It is really weird to be in Taibei where ther are just so many other missionaries compared to down here where there are only four others. I like it better down here. :) I know that some day I will leave, but I am just gonna love it while it lasts!

Also, I would like to draw everyone's attention to Psalms 144:7. Check out the foot note. The truth is out there. ;)

I love you all very much and hope that you all have a fantastic week! I pray for you and I know that as we all continue to pray for the work of the Lord to move forward, MIRACLES WILL HAPPEN!

Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment