Friday, December 31, 2010

December 27, 2010





Dear Friends and Fmaily,

First off, GREAT TO TALK TO YOU ON CHRISTMAS! I Love you so much! And it was a really, really fantastic Christmas here for us in Taidong!

First off, we were on Companion exchanges form Christmas eve and Christmas day, so Sister Lin and Sister Sun came down and spent Christmas with us! On Christmas eve we read the Christmas story in Luke 2 and then in the morning we noticed Santa came and put a bunch of gifts out and stockings by the heater because there is not a fireplace. Or a tree. But still, he made it anyways! I just don't know how he got in! ;)

Then in the afternoon Tracy got baptized! What a happy day! Seriously! It was so cute, her little son was so mad that he couldn't get baptized too! And when she got baptized she stood up out of the water and they said, "Your good" and She smiled and Said, "YES!!" Wow! That is what I am talking about! It was such a happy day!

In the evening we had a Christmas program and it was amazing! Seriously. All the people in both branches had a bunch of performances and there was singing and dancing and we even got to do a little part of it, which was fun. Then I was so touched because the son of our new member who was baptized in October, Hu Huina, played the angel that proclaimed good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people and her daughter was a sheep and it was just beautiful! These peoples lives have changed! And Tracy too! I just love this season!

Also, one really fun picture. Tracy's son really likes us a lot. He is four years old and he wanted to draw us a Christmas card. He drew me and sister Wynder. Guess who is who? I will give you a hint...I am wearing glasses. :) Seriously, this is the funniest most precious thing I have gotten on my mission so far.

I just love this work! I love Jesus Christ! I love everything about this place. I feel like my life has changed so dramatically because of my mission. This is the absolute best decision I have ever made in my life. I know that some people say it is hard to be away for a year and a half, but they are wrong. There are hard times, but it is the happiest most rewarding experience I have ever had. I have learned things I could not have learned otherwise (for instance...Chinese. ;0)) and I know that I am making a difference. The work is hard, but the reward is a millions times as good. For anyone who is debating whether you want to go on a mission or not, please, just go. The only regret you have will be that one day you have to go home and leave it all behind. But this place - beautiful Taiwan - will always be a party of me. It is here that I have truly come to know the savior, and I am grateful.

I love you all and hope all is well! MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment