Wednesday, August 24, 2011

March 28, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,
So this had been a HUGE week of MIRACLES! The biggest miracle is that I AM STAYING IN TAIDONG!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!! I didn't dare pray for another move call becasue I felt it would be selfish of me, but here I am, the seventh move call in Taidong, and I couldn't be happier. Dear Sister Thiessen after only one short transfer already moved! She went over to Zhongli, and now I have myself a wonderful Sister Wu from Taizhong. I can tell we are going to get along just perfectly. She is so excited and happy to be doing the work of the Lord!
Another serious miracle that had probably changed me for good happened this week. One day I took my personal book of mormon out because I needed it that day. Well, we went to visit a member in the evening and then headed back to the church for a lesson, and when we got to the lesson, I realised my scriptures were gone. I thought for sure I left them at the members house, so I called her and they were no there. I was horrified. I prayed all that evening and in the morning that i would find them. I woke up early that morning because I couldn't sleep. I prayed again, and suddenly, I knew exactly where my scriptures were. They had fallen out of my basket on the side of a road we took last night. I knew exactly where becasue I SAW it. So when Sister Thiessen got up, I simply said, "They are on the Corner of Siwei Street and the dirt road. Lets go get them.
So we went, and sure enough, there they were, peacefully sitting on the side of the road. It had not rained that night, no one ran them over, no one picked them up, nothing bad happened at all. It was a miracle.
I truly know that God answers our prayers. I am just so happy that God heard the prayer of a little missionary in Taidong who lost her scriptures. I know it is because I have tried do hard to werve a worthy mission that we have had this miracle. I know that obedience truly brings blessings, and God really does care about the things we care about. It may seem like a small thing to some, but it was a big thing to me. I am so, so grateful this week for this answer to a simple prayer.
Also, we had seven people come to chruch this week! It was a huge miracle. and church was SOOOOO good! The temple president and his wife came down and spoke to us and it was exactly what our investigators needed to hear. I have never felt so grateful in my life than I have this week!
Sister Lan and her son came to chruch. They are a member referral and they really want the gospel to help them overcome the difficulties they have recently experienced in life. They LOVED chruch! Then also Sister Oh and Brother Lin came even though they were sick, which is seriously a MIRACLE in Taiwan - their nose starts to sniffle and they are bed ridden for a week, but not Good old Sister Oh! And then there was Zhong RongZhi and Tammy and Hong Yufen. They are all just fantastic. I am so grateful to have met them, and also so grateful that chruch was such a great experience.
And then today was seriously the BEST P-day ever! My companion had to leave early in the morning, so I got to be companions with our member Sister Hou all day. She had the cutest little children, and we just read scriptures together and played games and sang songs and ate and I have never been happier in my life. Sister hou is my angel.
Anyways, my new companion, Sister Wu really seems fantastic. She is just already so fun-loving and excited to be here. Of course she misses her old area, but that she is still great. Also, she was trained by my only other Taiwanese comapion, Sister Lin, who I just LOVE, so all things are going to be fantastic, I am sure!
I love you all and hope all is well!
\
Love,
Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment